Saturday, December 2, 2017

My Time to Craft #360 - Sketch Challenge

Meena created the sketch for  My Time to Craft Blog's Challenge #360.   My newest stamp purchase from PTI came to mind right away for my card- which uses masking and lots of layers.

The birch background is stamped using Fine Linen on white paper to create a background behind the the red vase from PTI's Flower Power Stamp Set.  I used the daisy-like flower as a poinsettias to make a seasonal design. The darker greenery and the vase are stamped directly on the same paper layer as the birch background.   I stamped the red poinsettias, white ball flower stems, and the round green leaves on separate paper, fussy cut them, and glued them onto the image panel.  The white poinsettia was stamped on kraft, treated with white heat embossing and popped out along with the center to add extra dimension.   An older PTI set was used for the sentiment as well.

I have a feeling I will get lots of use out of both of these new PTI stamp purchases!!

I hope you will find inspiration from the other MTTC DT members and play along with our challenge.  You have until December 15th to enter!

Challenges Entered:
PTI Make It Monday #305/ - Lots of Layers
Aud Sentiments #194/ - Christmas + a Sentiment
Through the Purple Haze #139- Layers/ (more than 3)
The Merry Christmas Challenge #45/ - AG

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Cathy! Your Christmas flower arrangement is so unique and LOVELY! I like a single flower popped out from all the others, waving herself so proudly, crying out for attention, and then sparkling when she gets it! It's a fabulous card, and unlike anything I've ever seen! Thank you for playing in The Merry Christmas Challenge! I love your wonderful creation and have enjoyed visiting your blog. Hope to see more of your pretty crafting projects in the future. Please check back to see if you have won a badge.
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this unusual Christmas card - what a lovely layout,

    Thanks for joining in over at Aud Sentiments,

    Hugz Tinz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy