Thursday, August 18, 2016

A Day for Daisies - Nymph or Fairy?


This little cutie is from the ADFD archives, called Wild Daisy Nymph.  There are four nymphs in this collection and truth-be-told, I fell in love with their eyes and sweet faces when I saw them.  Thinking of those little toe-headed blonde children, I decided to keep her hair white-blonde.  The hair color really popped as I layered in more E93 and 95 behind her.  Her wings are coated with Wink of Stella.
SU's French Script is stamped in white to create a card back background and the sentiment is from Avery Elle's Thanks a Bunch set.
Copics used:
Skin - E000, E00, R11
Hair - E42, 41
Eyes and wings - BG 70, 72
Flowers and dress - R11, 22, 24
Leaves - G12, 14
Background - E93, 95

I wondered why Tammy designated these "nymphs" and not fairies, so when I checked "the Google", I discovered that fairies are no bigger than your fingers, but nymphs can be the size of humans!   Something new "enchanted" learning for me!  Hope this card enchants and inspires you to check out Tammy's nymph collection in the ADFD shop!

It's half way through our August "Use School Paper" challenge on the ADFD Blog.   The fabulous prize is images from the ADFD store and a chance to be a Guest DT Member!  I hope you come and play!


1 comment:

  1. Well, now I also have learned something about the magical world of fairies and nymphs, Cathy! And I love the soft colors of this card, your little nymph is adorable with her big blue eyes and sparkly wings, and the white text in the bg is such a great detail!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy