Monday, July 8, 2013

Summer Card Class - Day 1 is Finally Here!


 I'm on vacation, so can I tell you how excited I am that it's the first day of Online Card Classes' Summer Card Camp?!?   I can spend the whole day in my craft room if I want!!

The Summer Card Camp week's color focus for week 1 and a few sketches to play with were revealed today.  The featured colors are: white, turquoise, red, yellow and orange; the challenge to use four of the five colors.

For my card, I chose a digi from the Dilly Beans Blog by artist Megan K. Suarez.  Megan's work is new to me and I quickly found four adorable images to buy.   I adapted her angel by removing the wings and giving her a full eyebrow so I could create a Frida Kahlo card.  I used clear embossing powder for my Woodland Park  background stamp (by October Afternoon) and then rubbed red, yellow and turquoise inks over it to create my background.  Farida is colored with Copics and cut out.  I created the words on my computer using Courier New font and then doodled boxes around them.  The diagonal yellow paper is popped out in front of Frida.

This isn't my usual style, but I love how she turned out!

Card Challenge entries:
Dilly Beans Challenge Blog - Frida Kahlo
Catered Crop - Button Up
CMC Copic Challenge Group - anything goes
Designed to Color - recipe challenge
Muse Monday - Muse #25 Therese Calvird
Marker Pop! Challenge #26 - Anything Goes


This card won the Dilly Beans Challenge - Frida Kahlo (Woo!)

16 comments:

  1. Just gorgeous. Love your altered Frida...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - great colors and her eyebrows are fantastic. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a clever and intriguing card, love those brights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful execution of the color choices!Not my usual style either, but it's a great card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So great! Lots of beautiful techniques and color blending. can't wait to see what else you make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you changed the angel image. The whole card came together beautifully - that background really ties it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oi Corysnana!!!

    Parabéns pela belíssima criação!!!

    Beijos

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous use of color - love the embossed swirls and the bold Frida image!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card. I love all the attention to detail. I tried to sign up as a follower but I was unable to access.
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marie,

      i wonder if something is going on with Google. I tired to follow two blogs today and got the same message. Hope you will stop by again.

      Cathy

      Delete
  10. What a fabulous card! I especially love the background you created!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow this is so beautiful. Love the cheerful colours and the wonderful sentiment.
    {I would love you to take part in my 600 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered and good luck.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great colours on the resist background. I assume these are your inspiration from this week's Muse - Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous work! Love your background and how you've transformed the angel into Frida. Thanks so much for joining us at Dilly Beans. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  14. So Clever - she's perfect for Frida! Your card is great! Love the way you set out the quote and coloring is wonderful! Thanks for joining the DTC challenge!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy