Friday, July 26, 2013

Sister Act Challenege #17


There's limited stamping on this card - only the black sentiment words.  All of the rest is die cut.  The three- part medallion die is from MFT.  I tried the inlaid technique with this card, so the circle is inlaid into the white and the rounded rectangle is inlaid into both the circle and the white.  It was fun and super-simple!  I would have done the letters too, but my Simon Says Stamps alphabet is still connected together.  (I'm afraid I will lose the little pieces in the usual chaos if my craft room!)  The card shape is die cute from Spellbinders Nesties and the little flowers are an old flower punch, using scraps of the other patterned papers.

Digi Darla Designs is the sponsor of this week's Sister Act Blog Challenge.  Our DT has great cards in store for you this week. Play along with us this week.  I'm looking forward to seeing your great creations!

Challenges entered:
Make It Monday - anything goes

4 comments:

  1. Cathy, this is beautiful! :) Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet card! I love the shape! Happy, happy!
    Have a wonderful weekend, Cathy!
    Hugs~
    Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card!! the colours are lush xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty! Never heard of the inlaid technique but like the look of it. Must do some research on this now.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy