Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Embossed Sympathy

Through the Trees - PTI 
Today embossing was featured in our Summer Camp Card Class.  I used the embossed resist technique of stamping with dye ink and then restamping over the image with Versa Mark and clear embossing powder.  Then, additional color is created with a marker or ink by rubbed the color over the embossing. The embossed image resists the ink.

You can't tell from the photo, but I embossed the tree trunk and leaves.  If you look carefully, the white that surrounds the leaves is actually the embossing! The acrylic block really distorted my placement.  I think it's also harder to line up a small, detailed image that a bigger one like the trunk.  It still looks okay and perhaps even intentional?!?

I used my Copics to add grass and then created a folded banner with my Score Buddy.  They are super easy (and one less die that I have to buy!)

I set out to make a male card today and found the darker blue and using lots of brown neutralized the potentially feminine color palette we are working with this week.

6 comments:

  1. Love the tree and all your layering is very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really like the brown, green and blue together. The unintentional embossing looks great- really gives some more depth to the tree top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job, sounds like lots of work. The bird is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The layering on this card is amazing!! I love that tree, arrangement of the buttons and the banner with the sentiment. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. luv this, great choice of colors...hope you have a wonderful week!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! I love the embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy