Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Taking the Plunge . . .

Being Cute Is What I Do - MFT
. . . so wish me luck!
I am super-excited about today's posting.  I have decided to take the plunge and enter MFT's  March Guest Design Team contest!  I have toyed around with trying out for a design team for a while and think a one month guest role would be fun.  MFT is a great company and their stamps are perfect for honing my coloring skills.

 For this sweet little girl, I used a combination of paper piecing and Copic coloring.  Her face uses E000, 00, 11 & R20.  Her hair - E50, 51, 53, & 57. 

If you look closely, you can see the flower on her shirt has a center that's a French knot.  Her legs and feet use the "outside the box" technique and extend beyond the circle die.  I found that old felt scraps are the perfect barrier to slip under the edge of the die so it doesn't cut through the image.

The white card base uses a dotted swiss embossing folder, and all of the patterned pieces are layered on white paper.  

I've been coloring MFT images like crazy lately. You can see a different version of this same girl colored in the post below this one.  There's an adorable boy snowboarding two posts down!
This month's Guest DT sketch


I don't know where this will lead, but it has been fun to push myself to take a risk and try!  Cross you fingers and send good wishes my way.  The contest closes next week.  I'll keep you posted!


P.S.  I'm going out of town for a few days to the Big Apple!  (Mostly work and a little fun.)  I'll post a card when I come back on Sunday.


1 comment:

  1. Cute, Cute, Cute! You'd make a great guest designer.Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy