Saturday, February 23, 2013

Zeroing In On Coloring

Happy Saturday!   Once I sat down and started working today, the Copics came out for this sweet Stamping Bella girl.  This week's Play Date Cafe Challenge gave me the color palette of buttercream, denim, and stone, so that is where I began.

I thought I would share some of my process with you today.  I started out stamping four images, hoping one of them would end up in my Copic portfolio.  It's not going to happen - these will go into the circular file!  (I used to be frugal with paper, but have had better results when I let go of that idea and gave myself permission to experiment.)

You can see one placed I focused was on the clothing colors.  I liked the yellow one at the bottom, but I wanted yellow to be an accent color, so I went with blue and stone.

The other placed I played around with was hair color.  The top left girl's hair was based in E33 and then flicked with R09 & R59 (too red).  The girl in the top right is based in E31, and then E33 & E57 (too blah).  The bottom left used E33, E47& E49 (too dark).   Some of the same colors, but all very different looking!

Maisy Ketto - Stamping Bella
   The girl that made it onto my card has hair that is reddish-brown, which made for a richer looking color.  It's based with R20 (the same color as her cheeks!), and then flicked using E31, E33 & E57.

Her clothing is W0, W1 & W3 with blue dots in B32, 35 & 37.

Her wings are B0000 closest to her body and then Y0000 out at the tips.

Clear Stickles add some accents to the card, but don't show up in the photo.

3 comments:

  1. So cute! Love those colors together. Nice coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card is even prettier in person! Thanks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Coloring is beautiful! I think we all need to learn to stop being so frugal with our card stock :-) Thanks for playing at the play date cafe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy