Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Clean AND Simple!

Botanical Silhouettes - PTI 
My CAS online class is officially over.  I'm kind of bummed because I thought it went through the 18th - just like me not to read the fine print!  It went through the 11th and the galleries and other things are open until the 18th (oops!).  Anyway, I am glad I took it.  I came away with a little more practice, a couple of new tools that are great for all of my card making and another source of blogging friends.  I have a card that was both clean and simple to make!!  Woo!

Having said that, this is not how I originally envisioned the card.  I planned to have it turned vertically with orange paper down the left side and the focal point starting there and going to the right.  The panel looked "off" and was too close to the edge.  (If you move your head so it's close to your left shoulder and look at the card, you can get the idea).  I turned the card and tried the orange going horizontally and voila' ~ totally scrumptious!  The flowers, stems and sentiment are all from the same set.  IRL the flowers have a nice watercolor look.  I came in with my ink and a blender pen to give them more shading.  I masked the sentiment so it would fit in the space and added some glitter glue after I took the picture.  What doesn't look better with some glitter?!?

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate each and every one of them. Cathy